Sunday, June 28, 2009

Dragonfly Day in the Meadow

Here is a young black saddlebags. Those yellow spots on the abdomen fade with age. I enjoyed reading all about them in the Wild Guide "Dragonflies" by Cynthia Berger.
This one I believe is a wandering glider. It has a yellow face.

The female widow skimmer was back again.


Beautiful Black-eyed Susans in the meadow.



Aside from the Monarch, the butterflies tend to be small now. This is one of the "witches", which I believe is a Little Glassywing.




As I told the residents of Abington, look at the clover in the meadow and you will see the eastern tailed blue. Here is a male.





2 comments:

kate said...

I have never seen a blue butterfly like that. Your pictures are so pretty. Thanks.

Jessica

Foulke photographer said...

Look for them in the clover on the path through the meadow.