Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Walk in the Woods

This morning I changed my routine and walked on the Maris Trail in the wooded section of Foulkeways. It was a lovely walk, but you have to watch where you are going as there are many roots, and other hazards for older folks.
This catbird scolded me for walking in his woods.

This is the summer form of the Eastern Comma. A delight to find in a sunny patch in the woods.


Do you see the white half-circle on the underwing? It tells me that this butterfly is a comma and not a question mark.



This damselfly rested briefly on a leaf in the sun.




Just before leaving the trail this beautioful Eastern Tiger Swallowtail sat and posed for me for just a minute.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

lovely pictures of the meadow, insects and flowers. Thank you Jeanetta