Thursday, August 6, 2009

No Butters only Dragons

This is a female eastern amberwing. Size 0.9 inches. Seen here perched on the head of a black-eyed Susan.
This damselfly was on the road, and I am calling it a "purple bluet", though I do not know what it is. My only reference is a web site for Georgia damselflies. I do wish there was a book or web site for dragonflies and damselflies of Pennsylvania or the mid-Atlantic region. Can anyone help?

Halloween Pennant. Size is 1.5 inches. Not the greatest photo, and I have seen this one before.


This beautiful creature is a band-winged Meadowhawk. Size is 1.3 inches. It was feeding on the side of the meadow, but when I returned to this spot later, it was gone. I was lucky to see it.
I am still waiting impatiently for some beautiful butterflies to appear, but I am happy to be learning all these new dragonflies in the meantime.






2 comments:

itsallgroovy said...

Your blog is beautiful. I would like to post a couple of your pictures on my blog with links.
Photo blog Junkie
please let me know
ahakk@msn.com
Thanks so much,
Amanda

Foulke photographer said...

Thanks but no. I do this blog for Foulkeways residents, friends and family, and for me.